Thursday, 11 May 2017

The burning & the burned



I don’t know how many times I have had to ‘top up’ or recharge the batteries in my phone or cameras but I know it is a lot. In ancient times it was no different when it came to oil, lamps & wicks...

There is a certain amount of preparedness that comes with living life & also being a follower of Christ. It is why Jesus told the parable of the ten virgins.Matt 25:1-13. Regardless of what we may or may not understand about customs of the day we can get the gist of what Jesus is saying.


The parable is not about sharing but about being prepared & keeping watch. Being vigilant means staying focused on the things that really matter when it comes to the kingdom of God. In many respects we cannot rely on others either. There is a personal responsibility that sits at the heart of this story told for our daily living until the day when our physical bodies give over to death or the Lord Jesus descends from the clouds. 



The I Lamp for the I body


................

No comments:

Post a Comment