Thursday, 15 December 2016

Vessels


When I think of Edward Hopper, I usually think artist, painter, landscape, cityscape. When I think pilot I usually think aeroplane. Aeroplanes do have a rudder & in many ways are still airships & face dangers as they journey.

As a kid I seem to remember being more confident about travelling by ship than plane. I figured I had better options in my risk assessment program, Bear Grylls, Swiss Family Robinson & all that stuff. I was not so big on the providence of God but very big on trusting myself. Probably a bit of Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid rolled into one, the reality of the Bolivian Army was not on my radar & neither was God from what I could tell. I had heard many a sermon & knew what was right & and wrong but education is not salvation (we really must be born again. John 3:1-21.).

But things change, often suddenly & even with Jesus, life can be hard & life can be treacherous, a waterworld of visible and hidden dangers. The world is not your oyster, it is God's. 





Edward Hopper (1882 – 1967)



Edward Hopper (1818 – 1888)







..................



No comments:

Post a Comment