Monday, 6 June 2016

Works in progress



Some people expect Christians to be faultless & perfect but the Bible paints no such picture. It’s here that many think they can match the Christian in a test of good works. Who can be the nicest person is surely a test we have all failed miserably at regardless of what we believe. And who can measure the inner working & desires of the heart to see if the motives are pure or coming from the right place. Being ‘nice’ or the nicest can be just as much a two faced act lacking courage & truth among other things despite how things appear on the surface.


It’s why I go to church, to turn my eyes & heart to Jesus, not to proclaim I am good enough but to say He is enough. To marvel at His teachings & gracious works declared in the Bible. Day by day in the ups & downs Christ will always be sufficient. I don’t need or desire a tattoo to remind me, God has written it on my heart. Jer 31:33. 2 Cor 2:12- 2 Cor 3:6.





................

No comments:

Post a Comment