Wednesday, 4 May 2016

Happy Mother's Day



It’s often enough that I ask the kids “where’s mum?” when I make special appearances from my man cave (which is either my computer desk in the loft or my shed that has more treasures than Aladdin’s cave as things mysteriously accumulate & move around.)

She/Mum/Wife is usually in the laundry, hanging out washing, getting bread down at the shop or cleaning the bathroom among other things like preparing lunches, sewing a dress, changing sheets etc. Then there’s the taxi service, almost automatic teller machine and reminder service while she manages to fit in a full time job for the last five years. Maybe I forgot to mention school project manager, counsellor, giver of hugs & smiles, baker of biscuits and provider of many nourishing meals among many other good things.


There is something very giving about mother’s in general, servant like and sacrificial. It’s something I have grown to appreciate having my own family. A mother without love would be a travesty of justice (I’m not preaching perfection here). The God woman image revealed in the daughters of Eve is a sight to behold, a tough act to follow & worthy of praise.



purple heart





.............

No comments:

Post a Comment