Thursday, 17 September 2015

V rated (Maybe not for vegans-sorry)



Now that two of our daughters are working in health related fields & as my wife also enjoys the hospital documentaries on TV we tend to get a few more conversations about that sort of stuff. Not even the power tools & mallets raise my interest in a televised hip replacement op. (which I will probably have to have one day)


If anything, my blood & guts experiences are more attuned to the animal meat section in the supermarket. As I walk by I get to see bone & fat & meat in its various forms & cuts. At times I will hear the meat saw sound coming from the butchery but I am usually too preoccupied doing my own jobs to give it a second or third thought.


We wouldn’t normally think of the Bible being able to cut us up, I suppose in one way it is like a laser in modern terms just as much as a scalpel. It penetrates our being getting to our very hearts. It judges our thoughts & attitudes in ways that science or even a court room cant. That is not to say we shouldn’t study nature or implement justice & law but there is a supreme measure in absolute terms & undeniably so.






 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account. 
Heb 4:12-13.




........


No comments:

Post a Comment