Wednesday, 3 December 2014

Hands



Walk by faith & not by sight


Walking with God in a fallen world requires the experience of disappointment… for all our joy in the priceless gift of salvation, moments of sadness & bewilderment shadow our lives & those around about us. From within our hearts tears may flow or from within our mind a battle, conflict or anxiety may ensue.

When the shadows increase & the light appears less, it’s likely that we may feel forsaken but nothing could be further from the truth when it comes to the faithfulness & care of God the Father, Christ the Son & the Holy comforter. So often we can limit God in so many ways by our own limitations.

At times I am tempted to take matters into my own hands or heart, limiting God & denying His wonderful fatherly love, care & wisdom as I become overwhelmed by the shadows. At times like this, later usually than sooner due to my lack of faith, God reminds me to place my hand in His. It is then that the waters are stilled & the seas calmed (Put your hand in the hand - Gene MacLellan).




In doubt & temptation (Hymn)


Psalm 91 (Sons of Korah)




In doubt and temptation I rest, Lord, in Thee;
My hand is in Thy hand, Thou carest for me;
My soul with Thy counsel through life Thou wilt guide,
And afterward make me in glory abide.


Refrain

My God, I will extol Thee
And ever bless Thy Name;
Each day will I give thanks to Thee
And all Thy praise proclaim.


In glory Thou only my portion shall be,
On earth for none other I long for but Thee;
My flesh and heart falter, but God is my stay,
The strength of my spirit, my portion for aye.


Refrain

All they that forsake Thee must perish and die,
But near to my Savior most blessèd am I;
I make Thee my refuge, my Lord and my God;
Thy grace and Thy glory I publish abroad.


Refrain




Author Unknown





.



No comments:

Post a Comment