Saturday, 25 October 2014

In a tank



I get to see this little but well armoured creature once a week usually, except in winter when he/she hibernates. It belongs to a lady whose groceries I deliver. With “Fury” the movie getting some promo lately I came across an article that featured the reflections of a veteran soldier who eye witnessed & physically experienced life (& almost death) in a Sherman tank. He got to see the new movie & shared some of his insight.


The turtle (eastern long necked) by the way, is named ET. As a kid I recall a few war movies with tanks & tactics & I have been known to freak out when I get hammered in some basic computer war/tank games when virtual missiles come my way.

Spiritual warfare is also a reality in this world. Eph 6: 10 - 20. It is for good reason that Christians are reminded to put on the full armour of God as we proclaim…


Psalm 124:8 “Our help is in the name of the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.”








Life in a tank 
& one day we too 
get to go to our eternal home.











.

No comments:

Post a Comment