Monday, 4 August 2014

J.S. Duck




I haven’t mentioned it before but I teach (I try) a small group of kids Scripture in a neighbouring town/community. Last week the principle mentioned the kids were taking part in a Baroque music component so this week we touched on Handel & some water music as well as Pr 3: 5-6. It was fun as I was already in the room as the kids were at lunch & I was in a homemade costume with a fuzzy wig & long white socks etc….when they came in it was a bit of a surprise to say the least. Below is a slide from the lesson.





Anyhow I was trying (again) to transfer this into a blog post but figured Johann Sebastian Duck was more suited to the YouTube clip. There is just so much beauty & depth of sound & composition in & around the baroque period…



J S Bach: Jesu joy of man’s desiring










.

No comments:

Post a Comment