"& the more so as the contrast between the good & the evil increases, & evil men get worse, both in their departure from the truth, & in their power to mislead others."
New Bible commentary (Third Edition) IVP
1 Tim 6:11
Sorry if this seems a bit obscure.
Going Sola is going with Scripture. Historically this stems from the split in the church @ the time of the Reformation. But it also reflects the spiritual battles that have faced the church of God in the Old & in New Testament times & the last days (The church of all ages).
The five solas
The Five Solas are:
- Sola Scriptura (“Scripture alone”): The Bible alone is our highest authority.
- Sola Fide (“faith alone”): We are saved through faith alone in Jesus Christ.
- Sola Gratia (“grace alone”): We are saved by the grace of God alone.
- Solus Christus (“Christ alone”): Jesus Christ alone is our Lord, Savior, and King.
- Soli Deo Gloria (“to the glory of God alone”): We live for the glory of God alone.