Sunday, 19 January 2014

The measure of a man: Colin Buchanan



I like Colin Buchanan’s songs, an Australian Christian country musician as much as a Christian singer & songwriter for kids & grownups. His songs can be thoughtful & fun. When the Patriarchs like Abraham, Isaac & Jacob came to a place of special significance they would give it a name. Country musicians do it with song seeking to capture the thing or place. They allow me to appreciate a significance that is not always noticeable at first glance.


This version (live January 2013 Tamworth) which is instrumentally beautiful has some off key backup vocals. Overall I find I can walk with this song, I find I can sit with this song, it doesn’t lift me up but it talks quietly with me, revealing an injustice that has to do with the white settlement/takeover of Australia to the detriment of the Indigenous/native people.


Youtube…   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCjfa52Faz8


Lyrics…   http://www.yourfavoritelyrics.com/viewlyrics.php?id=130617










.

No comments:

Post a Comment