Tuesday, 31 December 2013

Ke-mo sah-bee










In the context of the film …The Lone Ranger 2013

I got to see this film for the first time this week. I enjoyed how the story was introduced & told through the dialogue of the young boy & the old Comanche Indian & really enjoyed it’s “strange balance” riveted with history & fiction held together by many things exaggerated & Hollywood, but it wasn’t until the very end when the William Tell Overture: Final hit the soundtrack that the Spirit of the Lone Ranger, Silver & Tonto had me finally in the groove…I used to watch the Lone Ranger as a kid in black & white.

One of the many things I connected with was Tonto’s perception of a hero, he wanted a fearless warrior, of the two Reid brothers, the Spirit horse had chosen the wrong one…A Crazy horse as far as Tonto was concerned.

It’s the same today for the church, often labelled crazy, weak or insignificant as it holds on to the writings of Scripture & the testimony of Jesus…How on earth could a bunch of hymn singing, Bible believing pilgrims overcome the odds…How on earth can these seemingly insignificant people amount to anything noble & victorious with all their attached weakness & failings…. We see much that is wrong in us but all that is right in Jesus. Not with silver & gold, that is for sure, not with might or power either…But by my Spirit says the Lord.

So he said to me, “This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the LORD Almighty. Zechariah 4:6













.





No comments:

Post a Comment